06 Oct Fall Caramel Apples, Raw Vegan & Zero-Waste
These raw caramel apples are super easy to make and they taste even better than the processed candy apples that contain junky ingredients no one can pronounce. These holistic apples are the perfect example of how I don’t have to sacrifice taste because I eat plant-based… I just make a few swaps and BOOM! They are FULL of protein, omegas, vitamins, minerals… a treat that is healing with every single bite.
1. Soak 1.5 cup pitted dates for 2 hours.
2. In a food processor, blend dates (and date water), 1 tbs liquid coconut oil, 1 tbs
homemade almond butter (just food process bulk almonds, it takes about 10-30 minutes depending on the food processor), 2 tbs cacao, a pinch of Himalayan sea salt, 1 tbs cinnamon.
3. Cover organic apples in this cinnamon-bun tasting date paste! Decorate with all the superfoods in the world!!
4. Toppings we love: coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, oats, homemade cacao glaze,
cacao nibs, and even Planet Protein protein powder bar (pssss- Planet Protein is turning their returned packaging wrappers into flooring, desks, walls, etc as apart of their zero-waste program)
5. Stick em’ with reusable forks, reusable chopsticks… or whatever you find in your kitchen lol. Just don’t buy anything new! #SustainableLiving
Try to source all ingredients as organic & from the bulk food section. Don’t forget your reusable cotton bags and mason jars to fill up on the goods at a bulk store near you!